Dave Maclean (Django Django) - DJ Set at The TinNews
DJANGO DJANGO ANNOUNCE UK AND EUROPEAN TOUR DATES
NEW ALBUM - 'OFF PLANET' - OUT NOW
VIA BECAUSE MUSIC - STREAM / PURCHASE IT HERE
Following an exceptional live show opening up Christine and the Queens' Meltdown Festival at The Royal Festival Hall and an instore tour in support of the release of their critically acclaimed 21 track album, 'Off Planet' - DJANGO DJANGO - today announce a headline UK and European tour for this winter.
The tour will see the UK four-piece take their outstanding live show to Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris in late November, before returning to the UK and Ireland for dates in Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester, London's KOKO on Thursday 14th December and culminating in Dublin. Tickets are available now.
About the tour, the band said:
"It's been a long time coming, but we're really excited to announce our first headline tour in 5 years!!! We're gonna be coming through Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris then all across the UK & Ireland and can't wait to play you stuff from the new album as well as old classics from along the way. Hopefully see there. Love DD x"
See below for the full tour routing:
DJANGO DJANGO - UK TOUR DATES 2023
- 07/07 - Coventry, The Tin (Dave Maclean DJ Set) - TICKETS
- 21/07 - Bluedot Festival, UK @ Jodrell Bank
- 22/07 - Standon, UK @ Standon Calling
- 10/12 - Bristol, UK @ SWX
- 12/12 - Edinburgh, Scotland @ Liquid Rooms
- 13/12 - Manchester, UK @ New Century
- 14/12 - London, UK @ KOKO
- 16/12 - Dublin, Ireland @ Button Factory
Click HERE for tickets.
'Off Planet', the band's fifth full-length studio album, is out now via Because Music (stream/ purchase it here.) Released in four parts, each representing a different "planet", Off Planet is the biggest, boldest, and most varied statement the band have made, with a cavalcade of mainstream and underground stars – Self Esteem, Jack Peñate, Stealing Sheep, Toya Delazy and many more, all of them either friends of the band or personally sought out by Dave – bringing entirely new creative angles into play. 'Off Planet' was conceptualised by Django Django co-founder and producer Dave Maclean as "a way to go beyond", to bring new voices, new rhythms, new experimentation into play, and effectively to deconstruct the band's identity. From bluesy pop and Middle Eastern cabaret goth to Afro acid and piano rave, to call it kaleidoscopic is putting it mildly. Despite at times not sounding like anything on their previous releases, 'Off Planet' is very much still recognisably Django Django.
The album was described by Uncut (8/10) as "their most accomplished and ambitious record to date", by The Arts Desk (4*) as "sprawling, eclectic and ear-pleasing" and Record Collector (4*) as "a rewarding listen".
'Off Planet' features multiple standout singles including the BBC Radio 6 Music A-Listed 90s dance-pop explosion, "Complete Me" ft. Self Esteem, the genre-bending "No Time" ft. Jack Peñate, the futuristic club track "Don't Touch That Dial" ft. Yuuko plus the trance-inducing dance anthem, "Slipstream".
FOR MORE INFORMATION
PRAISE FOR ‘OFF PLANET'
Off Planet press quotes:
- "The band's most accomplished and ambitious record to date" - Uncut: 8/10
- "Sprawling, eclectic and ear-pleasing fifth" - The Arts Desk: 4*
- "there are 21 tracks in total, but none overstay their welcome" - The Scottish Daily Express: 4*
- "an eminently danceable double album bursting with the quartet's signature sonic diversity" - The Scotsman: 4*
- "A rewarding listen" - Record Collector: 4*
- "hears them at their most eclectic" - Rolling Stone UK
- "An experimental musical odyssey" - NARC
- "an opportunity to dive into Django Django's musical subconscious and see them push beyond genre restrictions" - The Vinyl Factory
- "summer-ready fun" - The List
- "On tracks like Don't That Touch Dial and Complete Me, Django Django have provided some of their best work to date" - Music OMH
- "Endlessly enjoyable to listen to… very ambitious, both conceptually and musically" – Vinyl Rewind