From The Jam "All Mod Cons - 40th Anniversary Tour" Autumn 2018News
A Republic Media promotion …
"Blown away by this band - you must see them if you can!" - Jeremy Vine, BBC Radio 2
From the Jam is comprised of legendary former 'The Jam' bassist Bruce Foxton, vocalist & guitarist Russell Hastings, drummer Mike Randon, and Andy Fairclough on Hammond and piano. Support comes from rhythm and blues band 'Nine Below Zero'. This Autumn the band will be celebrating the 40th Anniversary of The Jam's 3rd studio album, All Mod Cons, playing it in its entirety. As well as classics such as 'Down in The Tube Station at Midnight' and 'A Bomb in Wardour Street' the band are also excited about playing 'Billy Hunt', 'Mr Clean' and the 'The Butterfly Collector', which only featured on the US release of All Mod Cons originally.
From The Jam:
Over the past 11 years From the Jam have toured relentlessly, having played almost 1000 headline shows in the UK since their inception in 2007. Throughout this time, they've gained a reputation for the kind of incendiary live performances that sealed the reputation of The Jam all those years ago, being described as "incredibly exciting" by the Daily Mirror and "sounding dynamic as ever" by the Daily Record.
"The energy in rehearsals is great and we're really looking forward to getting back on the road!" says Foxton.
"A sincere touch and lashings of fiery rock'n'roll"- Guitar and Bass
In 2007 Russell Hastings was fronting 'The Gift' (which featured Rick Buckler) when he was joined on stage by Bruce Foxton (who was touring with Casbah Club) for a 'one off' performance. This performance sparked the genesis of From The Jam, and an enduring partnership between Foxton & Hastings.
Off-stage Foxton and Hastings wrote the album, 'Back In The Room' released in 2012, which received critical acclaim and solidified Foxton & Hastings as an excellent and contemporary song writing duo. They then returned to the studio in 2016 to record and release 'Smash The Clock', which reached number 31 in the UK charts. The album also entered the independent album chart at number 4, whilst the vinyl edition entered the vinyl chart at number 7.
"From The Jam, best night out I have had in years all The Jam hits and more done to perfection what's not to love!?" - Alan McGee, Creation Management
On December 1st 2017, to celebrate 10 years since From The Jam formed , Bruce Foxton and Russell Hastings released From 'The Jam Live!', featuring songs performed at various venues across the UK.
Nine Below Zero:
Having secured their reputation as "one of the best Blues bands around today" with their scintillating live performances, Nine Below Zero are back supporting 'From the Jam', 3 years after their 2015 tour together of 'The Public Gets What The Public Wants'. Following the release of their first record in 1980 'Live At The Marquee', Nine Below Zero became one of the most popular British Rhythm and Blues acts of the time – warranting regular TV performances on The Old Grey Whistle Test and The South Bank Show, as well as support slots with The Who and The Kinks.
- 11/10/2018 - Dorking - Dorking Halls
- 12/10/2018 - Margate - Winter Gardens
- 13/10/2018 - Salisbury - The City Hall
- 14/10/2018 - Bath - Komedia
- 18/10/2018 - Stoke on Trent - Keele Students Union
- 19/10/2018 - Coventry - The Empire
- 20/10/2018 - Scunthorpe - Bath Halls
- 25/10/2018 - Kendal - Brewery Arts Centre
- 26/10/2018 - Middlesbrough - The Empire
- 27/10/2018 - Blackburn - King Georges Hall
- 28/10/2018 - Sheffield - The Leadmill
- 01/11/2018 - Bilston - The Robin
- 02/11/2018 - Oxford - Town Hall
- 03/11/2018 - Dartford - Mick Jagger Centre
- 08/11/2018 - Leeds - Stylus
- 09/11/2018 - Hull - The Welly
- 10/11/2018 - Manchester - Ritz
- 15/11/2018 - Leamington Spa - The Assembly
- 16/11/2018 - Bedford - The Corn Exchange
- 17/11/2018 - Newcastle - Academy
- 18/11/2018 - Chester - The Live Rooms
- 22/11/2018 - Folkestone - Leas Cliff Hall
- 23/11/2018 - Cambridge - Corn Exchange
- 24/11/2018 - London - Shepherd's Bush
- 29/11/2018 - Lincoln - The Engine Shed
- 30/11/2018 - Northampton - Roadmenders
- 01/12/2018 - Norwich - Open Norwich
- 05/12/2018 - Liverpool - The Cavern
- 06/12/2018 - Liverpool - The Cavern
- 07/12/2018 - Clitheroe - The Grand
- 08/12/2018 - Nottingham - Rock City
- 14/12/2018 - Brighton - Concorde
- 15/12/2018 - Brighton - Concorde